OhioHealth Heart & Vascular Program Continues Growth
OhioHealth is pleased to announce the addition of several new heart and vascular physicians to our team. These highly trained specialists span a variety of disciplines and expand your access to our outstanding heart and vascular care and expertise.
OhioHealth now has nearly 90 heart and vascular physicians providing highly skilled, innovative and compassionate care throughout Ohio. Here are our newest cardiologists, interventional cardiologists and vascular surgeons:
- Eric Ackah, MD, cardiology – Pickerington
- Anish Amin, MD, cardiac electrophysiology – Columbus and Mansfield
- Daniel Friedman, DO, non-invasive cardiology – Columbus
- Nitin Gera, MD, MPH, non-invasive cardiology – Columbus
- Norwar G. Mustafa, MD, interventional cardiology – Marion
- Charles Pugar, DO, vascular surgery – Columbus
- Robert A. Schwartz, MD, vascular surgery – Mansfield
- Jerzy (Jerry) Sterkowicz, MD, invasive cardiology – Dublin
In addition to new doctors joining the OhioHealth Heart & Vascular team of experts, OhioHealth cardiologist Robert Drake, DO, is expanding his coverage in northern Ohio. Dr. Drake now is the primary cardiologist at The Cardinal Center, 73 Sportsman’s Drive, Marengo, Ohio. He will continue also to see patients in Mansfield at 335 Glessner Avenue, Mansfield, Ohio.
Arrhythmia (irregular heart rhythm) services are also expanding in Mansfield with OhioHealth electrophysiologist Steven Nelson, MD, FACC, now seeing patients at 335 Glessner Avenue, Mansfield, Ohio, along with Dr. Amin. Dr. Nelson and Dr. Amin provide an array of electrophysiology services, including radiofrequency ablations, pacemaker and defibrillator implantation, and non-invasive cardioversion.